Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

torsdag 28 februari 2013

Hello Kitty Mini Cakes.

These are the cakes I wish I had had more time for.


I loved making these cakes. It was such a challenge and I can now say that I have made a 5 tiered cake... okay it was a mini one but still...

It was for the birthday of a friends daughter. She loves Hello Kitty and everything that is associated with it, so it was only natural for her to get a Hello Kitty cake. She was going to have a very small birthday with only 4 friends over so I suggested making mini cakes so they could have one individual cake each. Her mother loved the idea... 

...so now it was just up to me to realize what I had promised which was more difficult than I had expected...




I also decided to make some cakepops as I had seen a very cute way of making them into HK heads on pinterest. The biggest problem I had was keeping the cake upright. because it was such a small cake, narrow the whole way down, it was very willing to fall over. I solved the problem by sticking one of the cakepops into the top of the cake...

(this is when I discovered doweling)

...and bish, bash, bosh I had a 5 tiered cake that had accepted its upright position. Because I didn't have the time for this cake that I would have wanted the quality isn't the best. The piping is wobbly, the covering isn't perfectly smooth, but it was still really fun to make these little cakes. Would definitely love to make mini tiered cakes again!! 

Enjoy.

-J.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar