Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

söndag 24 februari 2013

Angry Birds.

This is the cake I got most hits for on my last blog.

It was for my mother-in-laws birthday. We were living just north of Manchester, England at the time and they were coming up for the weekend from Oxford. Last minute I decided to make her a cake. And I immediately knew the theme and even what it would look like.... Angry Birds.

She loves this game.

And she is good at it. So I whipped up some chocolate sponges (I usually use the one out of the hummingbird bakery cookbook). If you make cakes regularly then save the crumbs and carvings in the freezer. They are perfect for making cakepops and other cake style truffles. 

Then I made some uber decadent chocolate FUDGE frosting and mixed the two(sponge and frosting) together to a big gu. It's a fine line of when it becomes to loose to hold it's shape, so make sure to add a little frosting at a time. I formed these cake-pop-type truffles, iced them, and covered them with sugarpaste. 

Then came the fun part.

Decorating each and everyone of these characters. I completely understand why Angry Birds became so big. It's obviously a fun game. but the characters help as well. 

Now.
Even the green pigs are little bite sized truffles :-O!

When the time came to show her the cake she loved it. She was so surprised(I am not a huge birthday celebrator). And it was so worth it seeing her face... and my father-in-laws!


I know my posts at the moment are a little vague, but it's because the cakes I am posting are from a while ago. Once I start getting up to date I will add recipes and more detailed How-toos. If you have any questions then please comment and I will answer as best I can.

Enjoy.

-J.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I love it! Didn't think it was possible to frost cake-pops.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you :-)! It wasn't a thick layer of frosting, I basically just brushed it so that the sugarpaste would stick. But it does add a bit of taste(I love Fudge frosting)!

      Radera