Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

söndag 10 mars 2013

Plumbers Cake.

This was my first cake Swedish style.

By swedish style I mean with mousses, marzipan, berries and stuff rather than just buttercream (though buttercream is welcome too). It was scary because it means a more unstable cake. But oh how yummy it is.

In this one I had Vanilla bavaroise... which is a type of mousse I guess. It is something that I quite easily could eat by the bucketload. it is not too sweet and the texture is heavenly. perfectly smooth. I am desperately trying to find the recipe that I used and am currently struggling so I will link a different recipe for now and update it if and when I find it. This recipe looks very similar: http://food.ninemsn.com/recipes/other/8338444/vanilla-bavarois

I also had strawberry mousse, but the recipe was not the best so I will not include it here. 

It was my husbands birthday. We have just moved to sweden and bought a 1930's house that is in need of some TLC. But as it is with every new relationship (even one between people and a house) there is some "growing pains". In our case it was the plumbing. 

Without going into too many details(trust me be grateful) We had to change the whole system. Nick was thrown off the deep end... and he came up not only swimming but doing a perfect crawl. He changed the whole system basically by himself. He had some guidance from my brother who happens to live next door, but he read up on it and then did it. Ellie, Penelope and I went to live with my parents for the week where I made this cake as it was Nick's birthday that weekend(yes he spent his weekend knee high in dumpage(the nicest word I could find for what it was). Thank you to my brother and his family for letting him use the shower! He loved the cake. He was so surprised and happy. He probably thought he wasn't getting anything considering the circumstances. I had the MOST fun making it as I got to learn so much about how to make a cake like swedes do it. I'm telling you It ain't easy.


Enjoy.
-J.

P.s the smears on the cake is cocoa powder.... ;-)



3 kommentarer:

  1. So very cool!!
    How did you make the tools?
    Take care,Karin

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much :-)!!!
      For the hammer I used normal sugarpaste to shape 5 different parts that I glued together with edible glue. The silver parts I sprayed with edible silver before putting them together with the handle part (if that makes sense:-)).
      The spanner I rolled out some grey sugarpaste and with a round cookiecutter I lightly pressed the one side to outline the outer part of the spanner, then with a knife I cut it out, freehanding the middle.

      After spraypainting I set them on a pad to dry!
      Hope that helped :-)!

      Radera
  2. How did you shape cake? Did you just use a round pan?
    What size pan did you use

    Thanks

    SvaraRadera