Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

onsdag 6 mars 2013

Belle Princess Cake.

This is it. This is the cake that started it all.

This is the cake that fueled a desire to create more... and more... and more...

It was the birthday of Arrwin. Her mother came over to make it as a fun thing to do. If I remember correctly she come over with the sponges already made, which meant all we had to do was decorate. She loved Belle so her mother brought over a belle doll that was broken(had no legs). I happen to be a hairdresser so I came up with the idea of doing an "up-do", a proper one. Then we covered the part that would be in the cake with clingfilm.
After having put the cake together we started carving... and carving... and carving.


This was before I knew that I could save the crumbs for cakepops, which makes me cringe at the waste! 

I had a general idea of what I wanted to do it was just a matter of execution. One of the things that frustrated me the most was that after having held the piping bag for a while the buttercream was going soft. It was difficult to work with. I now know that I need to put the bag down, even put it in the fridge for resting now and then.

This was the result anyway.
I was quite happy with this considering it was my first real decorated cake.

Enjoy.

-J.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar