Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

måndag 25 februari 2013

Lego Cake.

This is the cake I wish I had taken better photo's of.



It is one of my favorite's. Even though if I had the cake making knowledge I have now back when I made it, it would have been so much better. I would have crumb coated the rice crispies so much more to give a better finish, I would have invented better fillings, I would have.. I would have... But I did learn so much from this cake, of what is possible and what I am capable of.  


A friend of mine is a nanny for a family in London who were looking for a cake for their son's birthday. My friend recommended me. And I took the challenge. Not only did I live 5 hours drive from London, but no one would be holding the cake on the journey down. My friend M. would drive up to pick it up, and keep it in the trunk on the way back down. 

Scary business.

But it made it. It survived. NOTHING broke! The Birthday boy LOVED his cake and apparently it started a cake craze at his school. They kept the Big Lego man for a while after. They gave him a name and he got to sit with them at dinner every night.



I think it was safe to say it was a success. 

Enjoy.
-J.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar