Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

lördag 1 mars 2014

Dessert Table Cake - My Birthday

 "Happy Birthday to meeeeee...."
"It's my birthday and I make my own cake if I want to..." I totally wanted to! What better than to make a Dessert Table Cake for me?! 
 
("Hjärtilycka till miiiiig..."
"It's my birthday and I make my own cake if I want to..." Och det ville jag verkligen! Vad skulle passa bättre än ett Dessertbordstårta till mig?!)



I'm not complaining or anything, but we are not rich. We don't have much but we are happy. The thought of making a dessert table like this in real life makes me sweat at the cost. So Naturally I thought why not make one in miniature form :-)?! What could suit a cake-enthusiast like me better?! 

(Jag klagar inte eller så, men vi är inte rika. Vi har inte mycket, men vi är LYCKLIGA. Tanken att göra ett helt sånt här bord på riktigt får mig att svettas med tanke på hur mycket det skulle kosta. Min första tanke var då att jag gärna skulle vilja göra ett "perfekt" dessertbord fast i miniatyrform. VAd skulle kunna passa en tårtfantast som mig bättre :-D?!)

 

  


  

 I need to highlight something that might sound like I am boasting, it might sound like I am trying to highlight how imperfect this cake is, or like I feel sorry for myself. But like I said earlier we don't have a lot of money, I have not been able to buy all the equipment that I would like. I don't have a beeding mould (For the beeding arround the cake), loads of flower cutters or ANY leaf cutters and veiners. I don't have one of those mats to thin the edges of the flowers and i don't have the color dusts to make the flowers "pop". What I want to say with this is that it is possible to make OK looking flower-arrangements without all the fancy gear! If you want them to look real, then yeah, this wont cut it, but for a cake like this, yeah just go for it!
  
(Nu vill jag uppmärksamma något som kan låta som jag tycker att jag är bra(O-jante), eller så låter det som jag vill uppmärksamma alla fel med tårtan, eller att jag tycker synd om mig själv. Men som jag sa förrut så har vi inte jätte mycket pengar, vilket gör så att jag inte haft råd att köpa en massa utrustning. Jag har inte en sån pärlform att få helt jämna pärlor runt tårtan, utan har fått rulla alla för hand, en och en. Jag har inte alla blomutstickare som igentligen krävs för ett sånt här blomsterarrangemang. Jag har inga blad utstickare eller veiners. ingen sån skummatta att tunna ut kanterna med, och inga färg "dusts" att borsta blommorna med för att få dem att "poppa". Vad jag ville säga med detta är att DET GÅR ATT GÖRA HELT OKUTSEENDE BLOMSTERARRANGEMANG UTAN ALL UTRUSTNING!!! Om du vill att blommorna ska se verkliga ut, så duger naturligtvis inte mina metoder, men för en sån här tårta så funkar det ABSOLUT! SÅ SÄTT IGÅNG!)

 

-------------------------------------


My Sister-in-law and I
For my birthday I was surprised with a dinner out with my family. I am the youngest of 6 siblings in total and almost all of them were able to make it. It was great. Like GREAT. Amazing company, Crazy yummy food. And I even got dressed up. 
 :-D
My GORGEOUS sisters



(På min födelsedag blev jag överaskad med en middag på stan (Göteborg) med min familj. Jag är yngst av 6 syskon och nästan alla kunde komma. Det var SÅ kul. SÅÅÅÅÅ kul. Undebart Umgänge. Galet god mat. Och jag hade t.o.m. tid att piffa till mig :-)!)





 
My nephew, Brother, other Nephew and Niece (In that order)


Then a week later when my parents were back from Teneriffe we had a get-together where I was able to bring this cake with not just my siblings but with all my nieces and nephews on my side as well. I love having a BIG family!





 
The food... Oh the FOOOOOOD!!!!




(Sen en vecka senare när mina föräldrar kom tillbaka från en semester i Teneriffa hade vi en till liten fest dit jag tog med denna tårtan. Denna gången var det inte bara för mina syskon utan även för alla mina syskonbarn på min sida av famijen (Nick's är ju i England). JAG ÄLSKAR ATT HA EN STOOOR FAMILJ!)











MORE PICTURES AND DETAILS OF THE CAKE






ENJOY.
-J.


Post update: I tooooootally thought I had published this! Seriously, looking through my entry's and realizing I could not find this cake, shocker! So yeah here it is :-)!!! Also, I do now have a few of the things I mentioned above that I didn't, and it does make ALL the difference ;-)! Can't wait to get the rest! Xxx

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar