Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

onsdag 29 januari 2014

Ellie's 3rd Birthday - Minnie Mouse Cake

First of all... Excuse the quality of my photos... These were taken before my elevated awareness of the importance of good photos...

Ok. So I know this entry is a little late. Ellie is almost 5 and this is her 3rd birthday cake and 
decorations.


We were living in Darwen, near Manchester in Lancashire England at the time and I finally had a kitchen that was big enough and had enough work surface to make a proper dessert table. My first actually! 

The dessert table included:

The Cake

Salty Caramel filled Cookie Dough Balls


Make-your-own-Mickey Sugar Cookies


RiceKrispieTreat-pops


Chocolate Covered Oreos decorated like little mickeys


Buttercream covered Sugar Cookies


Rockpops (homemade)


Watermellon-Pops


Chocolate Mousse in shot glasses


Caramel Popcorn


Jelly filled Orange Slices




Anyone who is an avid Pinterest user will recognize a lot of the ideas ;-)... Let's just say that this was the beginning of my relationship with that wonderful world of Pinterest. A relationship that has just continued to blossom ;-)...
<3

Also I want to add that the kids DID have dinner before they got to dig into the deserts, but they STILL managed to get through most of it! Was mightily impressed... though their parents did help too ;-)..


If anyone is interested in the recipes and how to's, and I'll se if I can throw together a tutorial!



Enjoy!
J.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar